Academics & Curriculum
Each day’s programme also includes periods of free play where children are encouraged to choose their own activities. Free choice activities foster feelings of independence, self-confidence, and self-awareness. It also promotes situations where children develop social skills such as sharing and respecting others.
As children at this age are developing an enormous range of skills, we endeavour to stimulate their growth on many different levels: socially, intellectually, physically, linguistically, and artistically.
We exercise reasoning skills through games and encourage students to pay attention to their surroundings with segments focused on different animals, the seasons, or transitioning from tadpole to frog and caterpillar to butterfly.
We introduce cultural themes and learn about different holidays, especially with the help of our diverse First Step families. An emphasis on play also contributes to refining their fine and gross motor skills.
Regular Learning Activities
Our programme includes the following guided activities.
- Motor skills, Toys Gripping, Bead and ball activity, Puzzles, Blocks,Hammer and tong exercise, threading and counting beads.
- Art and craft work, Puppet, Hand impression, Coloring, Cotton dabbing,Clay modeling, Tearing and pasting, Sticking, Trace bodies and color,Free draw, toy, snack etc.
- Seasons, dresses, festivals movies and visits.
- Mother’s day, Father’s day, Grandparent’s day, Friendship day, Teachers day, Annual and Sports day.
- Graphing “how many in our classrooms?” Names and hunt around classroom.
- Paper plate faces with emotions and Picnic plates with food cut – outs.
- Memory game with cards, fruit and vegetable prints with paint.
- Free draw on paper – things at night and things during the day.
- Dramatic play schoolroom, home, shop and housekeeping.
- Free draw on parts of the plants and leaf printing.
- Plays, Puppets and dramatic play – Movie Theater.
- Baby footprints with palm impression.
- Grow seeds, plant and basic works in a garden.
- Texture box – sheep wool, felt, corduroy etc.
- Mix/match cards with dress and season.
- Themes, Rhymes, Stories, Song and Dance.
- Animal mural, Animal/Birds/Plants/Puzzles.
- Ride around the area in bus.
- Sports, Games, Physical activities.
- Sticking, cutting and pasting.
- Trip to a Zoo and animal noises.
- Free draw favorite person or favorite animal.
- Floor puzzles and many more...